Click here to increase the font size Click here to reduce the font size

Hybrid View

Last On
    04-24-2024 @ 11:19 PM
    Local Date
    05-17-2024
    Local Time
    09:55 PM
    Shadycon, I asked him but he has another Push Safety that he was going to put on his M1icon and I didn't want him to have the same problem.
    Thanks for the Help. I searched on the Internet and saw 2 Types of Safety Plunger Springs. Just wondering how I'm going to get the right one.

Frank
    Information
    Warning: This is a relatively older thread
    This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.

FREE MEMBER
    NO Posting or PM's Allowed
    Last On
    07-29-2017 @ 04:55 PM
    Local Date
    05-17-2024
    Local Time
    10:55 PM
    The shorter spring/plunger assembly is correct (original issue) for the push safety you installed. The longer spring/plunger assembly was developed for the later flip safety. You should not need the longer spring and in fact it could make operation of the push safety difficult . If you went to the trouble to install the more costly correct safety, why would you install the wrong spring/plunger assembly?

You should remove the spring/plunger assembly and clean out the channel (hole) really good with solvent and pipe cleaners and/or Q-Tips to make sure the plunger is not hanging up on rust or old hardened gunk. I mean clean it out good. Also clean the spring with solvent and a stiiff brush to remove any old gunk. Oil and re-assemble. If the safety and the spring/plunger assembly are both serviceable parts the safety will operate as intended and provide a positive lock in both safety positions. If not, you should replace the worn out part(s) with serviceable parts(s). There is absolutely no reason you should have to go to the longer spring/plunger assembly and if you do there is a good chance it won't work either until you clean the gunk out of the trigger housing channel that's hanging things up.
    Good luck. JMHO, ChipS

3. Avoid Ads - Become a Contributing Member - Click HERE
+ Reply to Thread