Duke, cheers for all the insight. For now I really do love working on guns, not just using them or buying them but doing little repairs and cleaning things up. I've always had an interest in engineering and things mechanical and tried and considered a few things regarding both, ending in either failure or nothing at all. Unfortunately I went to university for engineering and got something way harder than I bargained for, and in the end found I didn't enjoy it either. This is why I am, as you suggest, looking at a trade, but in the end it looks like it will have to a kind of 'work-around' solution of doing something related to armouring and whatnot, but not actually armouring itself other than what I do in my spare time. At least for me I can always ask on here and find books on the subject to get the ideas on what needs to be done, but the hands on and eyes on expertise of a teacher seems to be something I may never really have specifically for firearms. Oh well. I'll figure it out. Cheers.