Good morning, I have been reading the forum for years and finally had a reason to join and post. I have a Remington 03A3 that shoots 9" to the left at 50yds with the rear sight centered (with full deflection I can get it to about 4"). It actually groups pretty well, just not in the right location.

The barrel appears to be the original, dated a couple months before the receiver, and the index mark is aligned, but I suppose it's possible that it has been re-barreled at some point - I wouldn't know how to tell beyond that date range. The front sight is undamaged and the rear is slightly offset on the receiver but not enough to be the culprit. Rifling is still in good shape, with some minor pitting in the grooves.

I took it to a gunsmith in FL who recommended I sell it and let someone else deal with the problem. After that indication of his character I took my rifle and left.

I think a good experiment would be to swap the barrel, but I want to make sure I've covered all my less-expensive bases first. I was hoping to keep this rifle as original as possible, but if it can't shoot it's no good to me either. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated!
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.