OK, attempting to start a thread for owners of Madsen LMGs in semi auto. I am unaware of how many makers exist. Mine is a Midwest Metal Creations. Unfortunately, since it's purchase, I have been unable to fire the thing and I am in the middle of trying to A. locate an original surplus stock, or B. convert an existing stock to work with the rifle.

I love the working mechanisms of this rifle (LMG) design. It is very clever and if you spend a little time looking on YouTube, you will find a young man by the name of Ian has covered both the full auto and the semi auto design.

BUT, I know that the quantity of semi auto owners must be small. The kits have dried up and I don't see many guys to confer with on-line about this weapon. I did contact Dennis at MMC but he seemed rather uninterested in helping with finding a replacement stock. Mentioned all his stocks were married to what ever kits he has. I do understand that. The funny part about it was that the stock on this rifle was obviously a remake, as it was not original military surplus. He had no information on an individual or company that had the capability to make a reproduction. I did find that odd?

Finally, the stock that came on it looked to be made out of Birch, which I thought was a poor choice for a stock that has a weird (and somewhat suspect) thin wrist at a terrible fulcrum point.

Anybody know of a stock maker that might tackle this with some enthusiasm? I may have them make up a batch so others would be able to fix an old or broken stock should they need one.
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.