While I'm watching the glue dry, I guess it's time for a random unrelated topic.

I accidently purchased a pair of VZ.24 rifles (Romanian contract). It must be Christmas, as the barrels are pretty frosty, but overall they're pretty damn cool. I love the red wood with the white metal. I'll post more on these later. Right now I'm in the process of cleaning, and figuring out what I've gotten myself into.

Some people accidently get into car crashes, hit by meteors falling from the sky, scalded with hot coffee, etc. I accidently buy rifles apparently. I've also got an 1891 Argentineicon Mauser coming soon, which was also an accident. Not sure when that's supposed to arrive, as I understand that the mail is all tied up.

For this cleaning job, I just picked up this ultrasonic cleaner from Amazon (@$100). With some Simple Green and water, the cleaning is first rate. I would definitely recommend. Everything comes out shiny and like new. Will the ultrasonic cleaner last? Who knows...

Attachment 113689Attachment 113690

I hate to even ask the question, but is there some reason that these floor plates don't release? I can't get either of the two to come apart, and I've gotten pretty violent with them. They don't appear to be soldered closed, they're just stuck together. Yes, I know that button needs to be depressed...