Greetings! This is my first post. I'm interested in a Japaneseicon rifle I have ... and others, as well.

The gent who lived next door to me while I grew up gave me this rifle to thank me for repairing and cleaning/polishing an early Model 10 S&W revolver he carried in his 32 years on the Indianapolis Police Department. It was a total surprise that he would give it to me, since I fixed his revolver as a "favor to a friend."

The rifle is a Type "I" Model 38 rifle. Pardon any nomenclature mistakes I may make, as I only recently (today, 23 July '10) found out for SURE what it is. (Thanks, Riceone, aka - Roy B.) It is in good, safe shooting condition with the sling intact. It originally had the bayonet and scabbard, but unfortunately, the bayonet disappeared years ago with some hoodlums who broke in to my friend's house. My friend, Cecil is a Pearl Harbor survivor and got this rifle on Tarawa (if I remember correctly) where he relieved it from a Japanese soldier who didn't need it any longer. He (my friend) was, among other duties, one of the sailors who "piloted" one of the many landing craft that ferried the Marines to their beachead landing spots.

Thanks - Jeff B
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.