Threaded View

Last On
    Yesterday @ 12:56 PM
    Local Date
    06-14-2024
    Local Time
    03:20 PM

No4MK1 "T" RESCUED

Well I just purchased another T. A fellow had a few Enfields for sale so I made the trip to check them out. Three were sporterized junkers.....rusty bolts, chopped stocks....holes drilled in the recievers etc. The exception was the T series rifle, it was also improperly stored.....bolt, barrel band, trigger guard have some light rust on....receiver is missing a lot of the original finish but the bore, after a good cleaning remains excellent.
    It's a 1945 M47C BSA serial # is X333xx. The pads look great, screws have not been messed with and have only been staked once. Matching for-end, top had guard is the grooved type. I removed the buttstock and it matches rifles serial #also has the S51 stamp on the butt. No scope yet but the original is supposed to be coming...I was told the whereabouts of it are known. It has a matching bolt. It is stamped TR on the wrist, has the proper SM rear sight, has the S stamp on the mag cutt-off, receiver ring has the crown mark but no Englandicon stamp. It has the little D6E crown mark on the rear left side of the action and on the right side it's got a 7EE with the little crown. The only indicator that is missing is the absence of the T stamp on the left side of the action by the screw.
    I'm sure this topic has been discussed before ( and I did try to find info from old posts) but sorry I was unable to locate the answers I was looking for so........again can you help me with the reason why this would be missing the T stamp on the left side of the receiver???? I also don't know what to do, the rifle looks a little ugly now because the way some clown had it stored....story was these guns were found in a wall of a house!!!! The wood is actually not bad and has a few scrapes but that's about it. The bit of rust on gun and bolt and receiver finish wear is kinda ugly. Would I de-value this gun by getting it professionally refinished???? If so left in this state it's not very pretty either. There is no real pitting with the exception of some real light pitting on the inside of the trigger guard and where the safety lever hinges on. I could have got this piece for a song but wanted to be somewhat fair about the deal so I gave him $700 canadian...the rest of the junkers he threw in. The deal is not really completed yet as he said he would just throw the scope in when he comes up with it. He collects old Winchesters and he really wants two of mine badly....he says he knows where there is another T series in the box complete and in excellent shape...when he comes up with that within the next couple of weeks the Winchesters are going to be a partial trade. Hopefully this all works out!!!!! I know you are going to want to see pictures but like i said in other posts I'm basically computer illiterate. I had another post about a T, I recently purchased but the pictures were posted by someone else so I'll try to do the same thing but don't hold your breath.Your thoughts or concerns would be greatly appreciated....my regards.
    Information
    Warning: This is a relatively older thread
    This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.

2. The Following 2 Members Say Thank You to bros For This Useful Post: