Quote Originally Posted by musketjon View Post
Hurrikane,
The site you reference is known to be loaded with incorrect information.
Back when I started studying and collecting M1icon rifles (40 or so years ago) there was no 'net. Reading books, asking LOTS of questions and writing letters was the norm. I've paid my dues. I'm usually freely forth-coming with the info one asks for but your snydeness does not warrant it. Read the books, write the letters and ask the questions yourself. Good luck on your endeavors, mon ami.
Jon
I didn’t know that site was loaded with wrong information (how could I?) - that’s the first I’m being told of this. But there’s not much else to go off of and that’s exactly why I’m here, asking questions (very organized questions, even posting each specific part with a brief description and a picture to make it as easy and being as helpful as I can). To which I’m told this rifle is not original - that seems to be the only information anyone’s willing to share. Real helpful. I guess I have a few specific parts to research now. The stock (for some reason GAW may not be correct for this rifle, not sure why, but I’ll look into that). The safety (still not sure the difference between -11 and _11 other than the difference is a “BIG” one). The op rod (I knew from the start the cut was not original and said so in my original post but there may be more to look at here besides that). So in a way this group has been helpful. Actually, I shouldn’t lump everyone into the same category here. A couple of you have been very helpful and messaged me privately and I do appreciate that. Seems like the ones with the most information prefer to hold onto it though. Make the new guys learn the hard way and pay their dues before they’re part of the club type of mentality. Which is fine, I can appreciate that. My collection is not specific to the M1 Garand, but rather WWI and WWII rifles and handguns in general. So I’ve done this many times before with each new firearm I acquire. As I learn, I immediately start to share my knowledge and help others. I can tell the M1 Garand is going to take the most work of anything I’ve acquired so far - but that’s half the fun, isn’t it? No hard feelings here.

Cheers!
Tyler