Threaded View

Last On
    @
    Local Date
    05-18-2024
    Local Time
    04:22 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by AlaskanUser View Post
    Assembled bolt as properly as possible. Firing pin protrusion within correct range, cocking piece flush with end of firing pin... I assume this meant firing pin end flush with the back part of the cocking piece hole furthest to the rear. Not even a dent in the primer.
    I'll order the chamber casting stuff from Brownell's in an order I need to place.. I'll slug the barrel later and mic that.
    Some of the literature I've read and videos I've watched suggest using a nickle or a quarter to keep some spacing so you can disassemble the bolt. I have to use the end of a 1/4" brass drift to get the spacing needed to rotate the bolt off. Does this mean anything to anyone?
    Not sure I'm following the whole use pocket change to keep some spacing to disassemble the bolt thing.
    If you're referring to unscrewing the bolt shroud/fp assy. out of the bolt body just flip the safety tab to the center position(assuming it's a mil spec safety) before removing the bolt from the reciever. Doing this removes all the fp spring tension.
    If it's an aftermarket low pro safety clamp the cocking piece protrusion in a vise and pull out on the bolt body while turning it in the appropriate direction.
    Any way you can post pics of what you're working with? Namely the cartridge you're attempting to fire, especially there headstamp. Oh, what the hay, might as well post some of the whole rifle and the bolt assembled and disassembled while you at it.
    Last edited by vintage hunter; 12-07-2020 at 02:27 PM.