I have mentioned on here before about Abbey Wood MOD laying off 5,000 staff some years ago now, and just goes to show, they clearly were seen for what they were, the majority, a waste of space, literally!!.

As they do, a new manager comes in and brings in loads of staff so he can relax a bit, to a point where nobody does anything fast, and really sits and twiddles their thumbs and does very little , whilst a long a corridor one person is working like a dog.........odd!

I remember how this was all exposed. It was to do with a catapult system that was fitted to the then new aircraft carrier Queen Elizabeth and cost millions, which after installation, they realised a procurement person had bought a catapult system for an American jet we didn't, and were not going to use in the Royal Navy.

The truth on the Navy carrier debacle? Industry got away with murder • The Register

I had a friend, whose sole job was to fly around the world buying up all the spares for the VC10 aircraft's we had to keep them flying. She told me that her first class seat was always booked for her and the best hotels on arrival!!!

Every day, I get a link to a webiste in the UKicon, where an MOD clearance site sells "brand new" Range Rovers, some armoured which cost millions to produce for sale. They currently have hundreds of Catapillar generators all boxed all new unused.....................how can procurement people get that so wrong!
I developed and manufacturerd a torch, which MOD bought after it saved two EOD lads lives as it was so powerful if fopund trip wires in bunkers in Iraq. They would order them say 100 at a time, then I would see brand new ones exactly the same unused for sale on this particular website at a fraction of the cost WTF!!!Nuff said!!